Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Shimmer Paint Spray - Almost a Technique Tuesday

I had completely intended to show a tutorial on how to make the shimmy paint spray but apparently I saved the pictures to the unknown abyss. So instead I'll just share how to as well as a card I made for my Husband's Grandmother for her birthday.

If you look closely you will see that the yellow and vanilla cardstock pieces are shimmery. Basically to make a shimmery spray you mix rubbing alcohol with the shimmer paints (I made one for each color) into a small spray bottle. I used the mini sprayers you can get in a 3pk at the "guys" craft store. You only need a few drops to the rubbing alcohol. You will need to shake it up each time you use it because it will settle to the bottom. I do have to give a small warning ... be careful where you spray because my desk, scissors, and cat are now quite shimmery!! Happy Stamping!

2 comments:

Sharon Field / Inky A*Muse-ment said...

Ohh.. shimmer spray, I've been using this technique for months and never tire of it! It's so much fun, isn't it!

sharonstampsalot said...

How fun, can't wait to try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails