Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Another World

This was the card I showcased on my blog in the last set from Stampin' Addicts Birthday blog hop. If you missed it you can check it out here.

I love this card and it came out better than I had hoped! I created this card with the Geetings, Earthling stamp set. I made the planet and moon using my big shot and the clear circle and circles #2 dies. I cut the large circle in half, on one half I punched out different size circles and then used them between the two halves.The inside circles I used dimensionals and then doubled dimensionals to put the top layer on. Then I spritzed on silver shimmer paint which distorted the top layer even more, creating all the dimension on the planet which you can see in the up close picture. I also dirtied it up by sponging gray ink and rubbed on white gel marker using my finger. For the moon I punched out a circle in Crushed Curry and crinkled it up. I also sprayed shimmer paint on it with the gold color. I stamp Happy birthday from the A Little Birthday Cheer stamp set which I curved around the planet. The little alien I colored with markers and popped him in and around the moon. Lastly on the Bermuda Bay base I sponged Crushed Curry ink and used my white gel pen to create the stars you would see in space. This card measures 4 1/2 x 2 3/4. So what do you think?

Stay tuned for my next post when I give the details on my little space ship. Happy Stamping!!

2 comments:

Jaspere said...

This is so fun and cute.

Cindy said...

This is truly just so cool. What a great imagination you have!

Related Posts with Thumbnails