Friday, April 27, 2012

Stampin' Addicts retiring Blog Hop - Under the Stars


Welcome to Stampin' Addicts' Retiring Blog Hop where we are featuring different sets from the newly released retiring list.  If you are hopping in order you just came from Katherine's site My Magical Inkery Tour where she featured Pony Party!  Don't you just love that set and her super cute projects?!!?  Or if you are starting here just follow the links at the bottom of this post and you can complete the hop as we all circle back!

I am showcasing the set Under the Stars and I have always loved this and use it all the time!!  This first card is really simple and perfect for a sleepover for the guys.  I used the bear and sleeping bags as my focus and water colored them with my water color crayons and aqua painter.  The garden green base I used the square lattice embossing folder to give it some texture.


This next card my seem a bit strange but it has a bit of a story to it.  Some of you know I'm a huge zombie fan it almost equals my skull obsession. My favorite Zombie movies are the Resident Evil movies and as a homage to where it all started I just had to use that little raccoon as a symbol for Raccoon City!!  So this card will be an anniversary card for my Hubby which is why it has a classy feel to it.

 
My last project is a gift idea since S'Mores are such a popular camping treat!  But I know we love to eat them even when we are not camping so this is one of those micro makers to use at home.  I took some card stock to create a wrapper around the box as well as some ribbon.  And if course what gift isn't complete with out a cute little tag and what better to use then the s'more stamp!?!

 
I hope you have enjoyed my projects but now it's time to hop on over to Rubber Stamping & Card Making with Yapha where she made some amazing projects using Season of Friendship!!  Happy Stamping!!


 

17 comments:

Heidi Baks said...

Love this cute little stamp set! Great job!

Yapha said...

Super cute projects! I love this set! The S'mores gift tag is so cute and clever!

Shelley Z said...

Cute projects! Not sure I understand the raccoon card but I do appreciate the elegant lines to it and the coon is too cute!

Katherine said...

Carmen, these are adorable - I love the decorated S'Mores - yum! I have to admit I've never been a Zombie movie fan, but my husband is. I guess it kind of wore off because I can't wait for the next season of the Walking Dead!

RhondaG - The Stampin' Bunny said...

Such adorable projects! I especially love the S'mores!

Add Ink and Stamp said...

One of the things I have loved about this stamp set has been the creativity of projects. Your zombie card ranks right up there! Love it!

Twila said...

Carmen, you did a great job showcasing this fun and favorite stamp, I shall really miss it. I bet your DH will love the anniversary card, and the smores package is too cute!

Kim said...

These are so fun! I love your tag for the smore's kit. That card for your hubby is very classy, I love the story behind it.

Deb B - Debadoo said...

Great job Carmen! I really love the s'mores treats. That's my fav stamp in this set. Hope they come out with another set that has smore's in it.

Anonymous said...

Too funny with the raccoon card! But you know, this is why making our own cards is so awesome. You wouldn't be able to find something that personalized in a store! Go Carmen!

Tanya Boser said...

LOL! I love the story behind your Raccoon card! Great uses of a great set!

marg0006 said...

Really cute.

marg0006@verizon.net
Loving Scrapper101

Mickey Roberts said...

Thanks for sharing the story behind the anniversary card, Carmen. How cute is that??!!

Betty said...

Great stuff! This is one of my all time favorite sets (ever!)

Paula said...

Fun, fun projects!! Love the s'more kit tag.

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

I need to get some marshmellows now! I love this set. I guess I can give it back to my sister after borrowing it for all this time!

Shirley Pumpkin said...

love these cards too!! I used that bear stamp and put a tutu on him for easter, you will have to check it out.

Hugs
Shirley

Related Posts with Thumbnails