Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Fourth!!

Hope you all have a wonderful Fourth of July!! We had a parade yesterday but no fireworks; we haven't had them in town for several years now due to the high fire danger in this area! We have just had 3 wildfires recently. Personally we just get together as a family and celebrate!! Which is what it is all about to us; having my Brother and my Father and not to mention various other members of the family service in the different Military branches we know first have the service and sacrifice these men and women give to serve our country. In honor of the Fourth here is a little card I made:


This is the first time I have actually ink up this set; Courage. I stamped the image in staz on and then added some color by watercoloring. I used Cherry Cobbler, Pacific Point, Crumb Cake and Whisper White. The Cherry Cobbler piece of card stock I ran through my big shot using the Square Lattice embossing folder; it's knid of hard to see in the picture. I wanted to add a bit of color to the star bard so I dropped a bit of Re Inker into it and sealed it with crystal effects. I would recommend doing that before you have it attached to the card as it can get a little messy. To top it all off a added a bit of cording to it. Happy Stamping and Thank You to all who serve our country!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails