Friday, July 29, 2011

Stampin' Addicts New Catalog Hop - Zoo Review

Welcome to Stampin' Addicts New Catalog Blog hop! Now that you have had a little bit of time to look at our new catty and pick all your favorites we thought it would be a good idea to share with you some of ours!!

If you are following the hop in order you just came from Tinkerin In Ink with Tanya! Didn't she make the cutest things with Dinoraor! But don't worry if you are starting here the links at the bottom will get you going!

One of the first sets I had to have from this catalog was Zoo Review ... love this set!! It'll be perfect for scrapping my zoo pics as they are a bit more realistic than I have seen lately. But today I won't be showing any scrapbook pages but instead a few cards and a cute little box. I found it kinda funny that a lot of people didn't really like this set so hopefully these will change their minds!

My first card is this masculine card ... that Lion is rather intimidating dontcha think? This card has a lot of textures to it which makes pretty cool!


This was actually the first card I put together. The lucky limeade sure adds a bit of pop to this card as well as the bit of fabric!

This one is my favorite and in person boy does this sparkle and the layers are just perfect!

Last but not least is this little box ... can you guess what die it's made out of? The milk carton! How cool it that!?! I made a box similar to this for a treat swap at convention and if you come back to my blog I put together s little tutorial on how to make it! Just sign up for email subscription and you'll know when it gets posted (it's on the right hand side or on my banner)! Don't forget to become a follower too!

Now that you've added this set to your must have lists are you ready to see what Kim made over at Stitchin in Stampin on Paper. She used the Raining Flowers Stamp set we got at convention and her projects are too cute! I have a bunch of samples to show that I made for the convention display boards using that set, as well as a few others, and I'll be sharing those later next month. I had a lot more fun with that set than I thought I would!! Happy Stamping!

.

24 comments:

lisa808 said...

I love the lion card! The sparkly polar bear looks adorable.

Heidi Baks said...

Very adorable stuff, Carmen! The polar bear design is great!!

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful set. Love the color scheme and the fabric on the 2nd card - such a great "look". Can't wait to see your notes on that box - beautiful!

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

Jaw dropping! I love all the little details--the frame, the circle of patterned paper, the pop of limeade, the glitter. Amazing work!

ArtisticInkspirations said...

Love what you did with the animals!! Too cool!1

Cindy said...

Carmen, that polar bear card is my favorite, too. I absolutely LOVE the torn/distressed water/snow effect. Can't wait to see how to make that little box, too!

Add Ink and Stamp said...

Well I am a huge fan of this stamp set and I love what you made! That box is so clever!

RhondaG - The Stampin' Bunny said...

WOW! CUTE creations! I especially love the zebra--I have the set already so CASEing it is a "done deal" TFS!

Pat Jandacek said...

First of all I have to comment on your gorgeous header for the blog. I love the variety of embossed card images and the shadow cast by your title. Then I want to tell you I did subscribe to email notification for your entries and look forward to seeing much more of your work. BTW, your zoo animal cards are terrific, too.

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

Carmen.....love your cards!! And the cute little box. I really love the lion. All that texture, and I think this hop has talked me into the striped EF. Love how you put the lion in the frame. Love the colors on the zebra one, and how you used the black and white fabric and leaves to mimic the stamp colors. Great job!

Karen said...

great cards, another set I hope we get. Thanks for sharing

Holly / InkPaperStamps said...

You're realy made this set shine, Carmen! I especially am taken with the zebra card and that bling-y polar bear. . . .

Anonymous said...

Debbie G
Oh I love this stampset even more after seeing all your beautiful projects.
debbieanng at yahoo dot com

Jen Timko said...

Love your polar bear card and the zebra card has such great colors! Super job with this set!

Carey said...

Oh how cute. You have made a believer out of me. Thank you for the inspiration.

Carey Rogers
aka Roscoe's mommy
pedstamper at sbc global dot net

Yapha said...

Fantastic projects!! I love that polar bear card, and I can't wait to see your tutorial for the box!

Betty said...

OK you have sold me with the zebra card-- I love the black and limeade and the fabric is the perfect bit of texture!

irishgalkelly said...

Wow Carmen! You have made awesome cards with this set. I especially love the zebra card with the pop of green and the stunning polar bear card. Beautiful! Thank you for the inspiration.

mousekemom said...

They are all lovely, but the polar bear just speaks to me. Love him!

Mickey Roberts said...

Carmen, your projects are so beautiful! I particularly liked the polar bear card.

Sarah said...

WOW Carmen - I love them all and especially that framed lion - GORGEOUS :-)

Pammybaby said...

Great projects, Carmen! The zebra card rocks!

Anonymous said...

Lovely work, Carmen!

Tanya Boser said...

The lion card is so amazing! So much wonderful detail, rich colors, and fantastic texture. And your sparkly polar bear is cool! I can't wait to try to make that box too :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails