Thursday, January 26, 2012

Throwback Thursday - Stipple Butterfly

Here's an old stamp set but still one of my favorites ... stipple butterfly. First I want to say in real life these colors go together MUCH better than in this photograph. I just couldn't get the colors to be more true to color. This is a really simple card just embossed with black ep then sponged different shades to create the mutli colors. Of course it need a little bit of shimmer and shine so I added iridescent ice around the edges of the butterfly. Layered it with some cardstock and a couple of rhinestone brads and we were good to go! Happy Stamping!!

7 comments:

Yapha said...

So pretty and sparkly! That sure is a great old set!

irishgalkelly said...

Beautiful Carmen! Reminds me to dust off that stamp and get it inky.

Katherine said...

What a sweet card. Now that I sold all my retired stamp sets, I kind of wish I had made a few more cards first!

Heidi Baks said...

Lovely!

Paula said...

Beautiful card Carmen. Love how you sponged the color on the butterfly.

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

Love it. And......GMTA. Yesterday I just made a card for a lady at church using stipple rose! Hadn't pulled that one out in a long time. Love my stipple butterfly too.

Mickey Roberts said...

So pretty, Carmen! It's nice to visit with old friends, isn't it? I need to dust off some old friends, too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails