Sunday, August 24, 2014

The Beauty of Neutrals

 Over on Split Coast Stampers we are almost done with our August Creative Crew gone wild challenges!  My challenge to everyone this month was to take a step back to when it wasn't all about color and create a project using only our neutral color family.  You could add any accessory or embellishment you liked but still had to be in the same color family! So there was still plenty of bling to choose from!   Here is my masterpiece!


For my card I used Crumb Cake and Very Vanilla as my color scheme. The stamp set is one of my all time favorites ... Papillon Potpourri!!  For me it was the accessories that really made this card pop!!  They were the wide burlap ribbon, neutral chevron ribbon, linen thread, and vintage faceted buttons. And no project is complete without using the big shot; the decorative dots and fun frames embossing folders added just the right texture!.

I loved this challenge and I hope you do to!  There is a new crew starting next month so be sure to stop by and check out the new challenges each month!  Happy Stamping!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Your card is absolutely stunning! Love that elegantly shabby look...so beautiful! Wonderful job Ü

Related Posts with Thumbnails