Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Technique Tuesday - Pop Up Card

Here is the tutorial for my pop up card I showed in the Blog hop this past weekend. I apologize for the color of the pictures but I have terrible lighting right now and couldn't get the colors right in my photo editor.

Start with 7 pieces of card stock that measure 3 1/2x3 1/2. Set 2 pieces aside. The other 5 pieces you are going to score. Start by scoring from corner to corner on both sides.






Then score on both sides center to center.








After all the scoring your piece will look like this.








Tape one corner box side to the corner box side of the second piece. Do this until all 5 pieces are taped end to end.







Now get the 2 pieces you set aside that are not scored. Tape one end to the outside corner end of the row of 5.







Flip the paper so that the inside is showing and start folding the ends in until you have created a square.







Keep folding the corners in.








Do this until the entire row is folded up.








Take the last piece of cardstock and tape to the inside of the corner square.







Taping the end down








This is what it looks like when the card is open.





Here is what it looks like when the card is folded closed. It does have a bulk to it which is why you need a belly band or ribbon if you want.



Thursday I will share with you the card I made to complete this tutorial. If I missed anything or you still need some help figuring it out just let me know!! If you do use this tutorial please link back the project to me so I can check them out!! I love seeing what you all make with them. Happy Stamping!!

8 comments:

Yapha said...

Thanks for all the pictures! You make it look easy enough to try!

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Yes thank you for the great tutorial!

lisa808 said...

Thanks for the tutorial!

Jen Timko said...

Great tutorial...thanks for posting such wonderful detail!

Cindy said...

Thanks for the step-by-step photos. It really help me (I'm a visual learner)!

Tanya Boser said...

This looks like such a fun card! I am going to have to add this to my list of things to try soon!

Shelley Z said...

Thanks for the how to!

Dawn said...

Thanks for the instructions. Check out my CASE at http://stamp-pressions.blogspot.com/2011/01/pop-up-card.html

Happy Stamping!

Related Posts with Thumbnails