Friday, January 28, 2011

Stampin' Addicts Sale-A-Bration Blog Hop - Extreme Skateboard



Welcome to Stampin' Addicts Sale-A-Bration bog hop!! Right now Stampin' Up is offering a super deal with every $50 dollars you spend you get to pick a free set out of the Sale-A-Bration catalog. I wait for this sale every year!! Those of us over at Stampin' Addicts put together this fantastic hop featuring sets from that catalog.

If you are following the hop in order than you have just come from Yapha's Rubber Stamping & Card Making where she features the set Bear Hugs, she always has the cutest things!! I am sharing creations I made using the Extreme Skateboard stamp.

This first card I created was more typical of this set and a more traditional layout. This was my son's favorite card ... he thought it was pretty cool!



If you noticed the skateboard figure faces the other direction. To do this I inked the stamp with my marker and stamped it onto the clear sheet I use with my stamp-a-ma-jig and then transferred that onto my cardstock. I then used my aqua painter to spread the ink to fill in the image. It gave it a cool texture!

This next card is non-traditional and NOT my usual design or style but I had a lot of fun making it!! And what kind of skater girl wouldn't love it?!?



My son wasn't too sure about this one ... he said it was too girlie. That was the point so mission accomplished!! On the base of the card I used my Lots of Love letterpress and if you click on the picture for a larger view you can see it better. I also used the set Dreams du Jour.

This is the first and last project I created for this hop and again something I created by stepping out of the box a bit.




It's a mini expandable file folder holder! Way cool huh!? I plan on writing advice for each "category" for my son. To add the flourishes on the end of the tabs I just used my stamp-a-ma-jig to add the bottom part of the three little words stamp. I also used the Live, Laugh, Love stamp for this project as well as Three Little words which are both sale-a-bration sets.

I hope you enjoyed the projects I shared and don't forget to continue on the rest of the blog hop!! The next stop is Holly's Ink Paper Stamps where she is featuring one of my favorite sets Forest Friends.



Happy Stamping!!

29 comments:

Lisa Marie Naples said...

Cute projects

Holly / InkPaperStamps said...

What funky cool projects, Carmen! Love how you reversed and blurred the skater dude--and your file folders are just (let's see if I can say this right) sick!

Using the Three Little Words T as a flourish, get out!

Tanya Boser said...

Way to think outside the box with this image! All of your projects are great! Love the pink one ;)

Anonymous said...

Fun projects! Thanks for showing us other ways to use it :)

Yapha said...

Great projects! I love your skater girl card!!

Betty said...

Love the file folder! The way you used the Three little words set is so cool!

Amy said...

Great projects! Love the expandable mini folders!

Cindy said...

Carmen, these are fabulous! I never even thought to use the skater for a feminine card, but girls do skate, too! Your file folder with words of advice for your son really touched me, too. TFS!

Kate Stockman said...

Great projects!

Kandi said...

Love what you did with this set.

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

Great job! Really love the funky skater girl card. The accordian element reminds me of a big sunburst behind the skater. Love the 3 little words one too.

Add Ink and Stamp said...

I love what you did with this stamp - so unique and creative!

Sunflower Stamper said...

Great job! Love the "skater girl" card! I always think boy when I see this stamp!

Kim said...

Oh wow! I have to pull out my extreme stamps and case these. What great layouts for this stamp.

Krystal De Leeuw said...

Fabulous job Carmen!!! What a fun technique on your first card. Have to say that my fave is the "girlie" card. Girls can be skaters too!

RhondaG - The Stampin' Bunny said...

Great creative variety! I love mirror image technique used to create a texture-so cool!

Susie said...

Such cool techniques. Love them all.
Susie
susies@twcny.rr.com

Jen Timko said...

Really cool technique used on the first card! Super variety on these projects! Love the girl card idea!

Susan said...

great creations! I love that first card :)
Susan

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

All three cards are great. I love the layers and the "hipness" of your work. Teens would love it!

Heidi Baks said...

I love the sk8r girl card! So glad you stepped out of your comfort zone, b/c I think it is beautiful and cool at the same time!

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

Very Cool collection Carmen. Loved the pink version and the folder version especially. After all girls need to be represented too and boys can always use advice! Thanks for sharing the inspiration and the tips on the extra sets in the SAB. Couldn't find the Dream du Jour on the list though..am I missing something?

Gail said...

Great sk8er projects!

Melissa said...

Great projects, Carmen! Love your little file folder especially!

Twila said...

Great project ideas. Love that last project the mini file folder thingy.

Sarah said...

Oh Carmen what great projects - another lover of the girlie card here too :-)

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Very cool! I love them all!

Barbara Welch said...

Very cool projects, love the different ways you showcased this stamp.

Debbie01 said...

These one looks for very creative and unique.. How I wish I have this kind of creativity.

[url=http://www.skate4.net]Skate 4[/url]

Related Posts with Thumbnails