Saturday, May 8, 2010

Bowling please!

My youngest son is turning 10 today .... where has all the time gone?? This year for his birthday again he wanted to have a bowling birthday party. So I came up with this little invite!


I rarely ever make shaped cards ... I don't know why they are pretty easy but I tend to stay away from them. I figured this was a good time to make one since I could shape it as a bowling ball. I took my big shot and with a folded piece of cardstock and sat it across the circle die with the folded edge near the top but not completely. I then embossed the tops with clear embossing powder ... after all bowling balls are shiny right? Then I used the 3/4 circle punch to make the finger holes. Then I used dimensionals to attach a darker cardstock behind to give it that added depth. I busted out my old Have a Ball stamp set to make pins and added the your invited on a strip of cardstock I shaped to the card with silver brads. On the inside I used the matching invitation info which was also from and old stamp set called Dot Invitation. Happy Stamping!

2 comments:

Yapha said...

Super cute!! Those are fabulous bowling balls!

Heidi Baks said...

These are great!

Related Posts with Thumbnails