Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Technique Tuesday - Faux Flannel/Paper Piecing

Here is my Tuesday technique class for Faux Flannel also known as Faux Suede. Due to the nature of the stamp set used there will some paper piercing at the end.

First take a piece of card stock that is cut slightly bigger than your image. I like to use my paper crimper rather than trying to break down the paper fibers by hand or rubbing the paper against a surface.







Run the paper through the crimper several times going forward, sideways, and diagonal. Do this until the paper is rather flexible.







Flatten out the paper .







From one edge of the paper pull apart to split in middle.










On the inside of one half of the paper stamp your image.









Cut out the shapes with stamp images lines.







After all pieces are cut start placing images in corresponding space.








Your finished piece after all pieces are in place.




Did you find this tutorial useful? Let me know what you liked or didn't like.

1 comment:

PamE said...

This is most helpful. And the possiblities of use of the faux flannel are swimming in my head! I need to get busy and use this... hum maybe on my next batch of holiday cards!

Related Posts with Thumbnails