Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Technique Tuesday - Tissue Box

Today I am going to share with you a Tissue Box I designed. I made this tissue box for one of my 3-d convention swaps. I came up with this template after another 3-d project I was trying ending up being a disaster so this was plan B. Plan B is MUCH better than Plan A. Hope you like it.




Take one half sheet of 8 1/2 x 11 cardstock (5 1/2 x 8 1/2)

Score along width wise at 2 1/2, 3 1/2, 6, and 7.

Turn length wise and score at 1/2 on both sides.








Using the large oval punch on the end with the shortest score line.









It should look like this.










Trim on the opposite end on the score line up to the second score line.

Cut slits into card where score lines meet on the end where you punched.









It should look like this after you have trimmed both ends and cut the slits.








Put tape on both sides between score mark 6 and 7. Do this on the front side of your project. I would recommend the sticky tape rather than the snail I am using in the picture.









Fold ends over section where you taped.









I cut the extra flap that was on the large center piece to match the front flap side. (hopefully that makes sense) Then use that piece to tape on the inside to hold top ends together.









Add a piece of velcro to top flap and bottom cover. Add your travel size kleenex package.








Here is my finished project. So what do you think ... will you swap for this at convention?

1 comment:

PamE said...

Yet another useful gift that has all the right special touches!

Related Posts with Thumbnails