Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Our 5th Anniversary

Today my husband and I have been married for 5 years ... we have actually been together for 15 years. We got married on the 10th anniversary of our first date. For our wedding date we invited friends and family over for a BBQ to announce the news!! So for the occasion I made my hubby this anniversary card:

First of all I want to say how hard it is to make a masculine anniversary card but I think I pulled it off well!! I used the stamp set "Stay Tuned" and picked the same saying for the TV screen because I know we will have many more anniversaries to celebrate. This is the first time we get to celebrate our anniversay since getting married because we always seem to have to work and we actually BOTH have the day off! I'm not sure what we are going to do but either way as long as we get to spend it together!!

A couple of details about the card. The TV is done using the faux flannel technique, (not sure what I mean check out this tutorial.) If you look closely at the picture you can see the fibers. I added brads for the knobs and gold cord for the antenna. To make the screen look like a real TV screen I covered it with crystal effects and I put two pop dots underneath the screen part to make it bubble out more then the rest of the TV. It came out perfect!! Have a wonderful day and Happy Stamping!!

1 comment:

Jaspere said...

Congratulations. What a cute and fun card.

Related Posts with Thumbnails