Friday, June 11, 2010

Stampin' Addicts Last Chance Blog Hop - Just Sports

It's time for Stampin' Addicts Last Chance Blog Hop. This blog hop showcases all the wonderful stamp sets that will be retiring at the end of this month! DISCLAIMER: if you don't already have these stamp sets you will by the end of the hop!

If you are just joining the hop I'll lead you to the next stop at the end of this post. If not then you just came from Debra's Heartfelt Inkspiration and saw all the great projects using Nursery Necessities.

I was bummed when I saw the retiring list and saw they were phasing out all the cute little sports sets ... having two boys this are very well used in my house! I picked Just Baseball, Just Soccer and Just Basketball to showcase today.

This first card I made with Just Soccer:

The colors are a bit off but I used Basic Black, Sage Shadow and Whisper White. This would be a great little card to have a gift certificate in. It measures 3x6. You can't see the details to well but the mini black stars are crimped as well as the base sage shadow cardstock. Score and the soccer balls are all embossed with black embossing powder.

This next card was made using Just Baseball ... one of my favorite sets!


I wanted this one to have the worn out look so I distressed the base and the not quite navy cardstock pieces. I also used my big shot to emboss the lines on the base. Added the hat with the saying and topped it off with some buttons! I love how it turned out!!

Here is my last project, it use Just Basketball and the Big Shot.



It's my favorite of this trio. I made the card holder using the box #2 die and cutting out 2 which I taped back to back. I decorated the outside of the box and made then matching 3x3 cards.

Hope you enjoyed the projects I shared today and now hop on over to to check out the next stop which is Melissa's Fun Time Stampin' and she is using my favorite all time stamp set ever JUST JAWING!! Happy Stamping!

24 comments:

Valerie K said...

Awesome use of these sporty sets! You really made them shine!

Jen Timko said...

Such great cards! The soccer card is my favorite (maybe because we just finished soccer and I love that card idea for a coach!).

RhondaG - The Stampin' Bunny said...

Such cute projects! Love the champ card!!

Tanya Boser said...

I will miss these sets too! You did a great job highlighting them, and really love the card box!

Heidi Baks said...

Great cards, and I love the little cardholder too!

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

I love that soccer card- perfect for the little soccer players in my life. the cardholder is a great idea!

Yapha said...

Great projects! I really love the basketball notecard set!

betty said...

Such great boy sets, sorry to see them go. I love the basket ball set!

Cindy said...

Carmen, I love that basketball note card holder - too cool! And the distressed card with the baseball cap is my fave card. Very nice!

WebDeb said...

I love, love, love your baseball card! That background is brilliant!

creations by jackie said...

I love your projects and your card holder is adorable. Thanks for sharing.

PinkPunkPrincess said...

Very fun ideas! I like the baseball cap one the most!

mitz said...

way to ** score ** a hit.. these are all ** champs ** WTG.. thanks for the opportunity
( mitz_zee@yahoodotcom)

Lisa N said...

Great ideas! I was disappointed the line was retiring too. I was hoping it would be expanded more.

Anonymous said...

Carmen - love the variety of projects. The texturing on the 2nd one is fantastic - wtg!

catrules said...

Cute projects! love your last one!

HeathersHobby said...

Carmen, I love the variety of techniques you used! I think my favorite is the basketball set, too!

Linda said...

Carmen, love your boy-inspired projects! Thanks for the wonderful inspiration!

Michelle James said...

i love your projects-especially the holder!

Kim said...

What great ideas! Easy cards to make a thank you for coaches.

Twila said...

Great cards, Carmen. I have to say the Baseball cap card is my favorite!

Melissa said...

Love all your projects, Carmen! Great use of these sets!

Patrice said...

Cute, Cute, Cute What a fabulous idea to use the crate for Basketball cards! Amazing!!!

Joanne Travis said...

Love the card carrier!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails