Friday, August 6, 2010

Rag Quilt Swap Bag

I am sure many of you have seen the bags made using the big shot, scallop die and fabric. I have loved them since they started popping up and new I had to make one ... of course it took me awhile but I finally got one done!! I originally cut all the squares out about 3 months ago and they sat on my desk taunting me to finish it!! I have spent almost the entire month up in Page working so I had some free time in the evenings and took this little project with me.

Isn't it stinkin' cute?!??! I love it and so did many of the gals who saw me using it for swaps at convention. it was just the perfect size!! I love daisy and sunflowers so this fabric is perfect for it!! To add a bit to it I left the edges raw ... it adds to the purse I think. I also added several flowers I cut out using the Blossom Part die which I sewed on a few beads to add some bling. The purse was all hand stitch so it has a few imperfections but not to me. So gals I am thinking of having a little class to make these bags .. what do you think would you be interested? Happy Stamping!!

2 comments:

Yapha said...

Super cute bag! Love it!

Cindy said...

OMG, that is so stinking cute....where did you find that fabric? The added flowers and bling were the perfect adornment, too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails