Friday, August 27, 2010

Stampin' Addicts Holiday Mini Blog Hop - Tags til Christmas

Welcome to Stampin' Addicts Holiday Mini Blog Hop!! When I got the new mini I just knew I had to everything in it and if you didn't already you will by the time this hop is over!! In this hop we are featuring 22 items from the Holiday Mini as well as many of the accessories! So come join the fun!!

If you are following this hop in order then you have just come from Adriana's Escape 2 Stamp where she shared projects using the Vintage Frames Decor Stencils. How fun were those?? If you are continuing to follow the hop in order I will provide the next link at the bottom of the post or you can check in on our chat thread over at Stampin' Addicts!

On my blog I am featuring the stamp set Tags til Christmas!! This was one of those sets I just had to have and if you are like me I love to wrap packages all pretty for Christmas. This set is a great way to add something extra special to those packages with a handmade tag! So for my first project I made this super cute kid's shaker tag!!

Stinkin' cute huh!?! What kid wouldn't love this on their package AND to keep it well after their present has been opened. On this project I used the Treat Cups and Silver Glass Glitter as well as the Jolly Jingles jumbo wheel all from the Holiday Mini. I used the new Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch and Rhinestones from the big catty.

Even though this set was created for the use of making tags you can also you it to make cards.

I had so much fun making this card ... it took me a bit to get all the elements just right but love how it came out!!I used the ornament stamp and punched out several using the matching punch from the big catty. I also used the Jolly Jingles wheel in this project as well on the background Certainly Celery cardstock piece. To add a bit more texture I also used a button from the Candy Cane designer buttons also found in the Mini. I needed a bit more white around the button and since I didn't have any buttons in that color I made my own with a piece of white cardstock; it worked perfectly! Now you are probably wondering how I made the lace around the ornament. It's actually pretty simple I just punched a long piece of cardstock out with the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch from the big catty. I folded peaks and valleys all round each of the indents. Pretty neat. Love the extra texture it gave!

Now this last project was the first one I made for the hop and my absolute favorite project!!


It's a tag holder ... perfect to give to others to use on their gift packaging needs!! I love the vintage and elegant design of this project. Here is what it looks like all opened up.



So what do you think?? Would you like to learn how to make it? On my next Technique Tuesday I will show you the four simple steps in creating the holder. If you want a reminder when I post the tutorial you can sign up for email notification or become a follower which can both be located on my right side bar. The additional items I used in creating this project was the Jolly Jingles wheel, Decorative Label jumbo punch, and Cherry Cobbler seam binding. To added the glitter I rubbed crystal effects along the edges after I sponged them with chocolate chip ink.

Ready for the next stop?? I know I am!! I loved the projects Cindy has created so be sure to check out her site called Heart's Delight Cards which she will be showcasing the stamp set Jolly Bingo Bits! Happy Stamping!!








41 comments:

Anonymous said...

All of your projects are wonderful, Carmen! The shaker looks just like a snow globe, the ribbon ruffle is a must-try and the tag holder is so so pretty! TFS!

Amy said...

Carmen, I LOVE your projects! Wow! The shaker tag is SO CUTE! Great job!

Unknown said...

Great job! It is hard to pick a faorite, though I love the ribbon punch on the ornament.

Sally said...

OMGosh! Stunning creations. Love the little snowman shaker card...

Add Ink and Stamp said...

Carmen that tag holder is gorgeous!! All of your projects are super!

Mickey Roberts said...

Carmen, all of your projects are awesome. I love the tag holder and the ruffle around the ornament on your ornament card is terrific! Great work and lots of inspiration!

Kim said...

So beautiful! Love the snowman card!!!

Melissa said...

Beautiful projects, Carmen! LOVE the idea of the little frill behind the ornament!

Jen Timko said...

All of these are so beautiful but your tag holder is just over the top! Wonderful!

Elisa said...

I love your tag holder. SO pretty! Gonna have to CASE that one! :)
~Elisa
http://willrun4stamps.blogspot.com/

RhondaG - The Stampin' Bunny said...

Wow! Beautiful projects! Such wonderful textures and great designs!

lisa808 said...

Three great Christmas projects! I became an E-mail subscriber.

Deb B. (Debadoo) said...

These are all great projects Carmen. I haven't been thrilled with the glass glitter, and didn't think I'd want any, but I love the idea of putting it in a shaker. Love the lace behind the ornament, and can't wait for the tag holder tute.

Holly/catrules said...

Wow Beautiful projects!

I loved all of them! Great job!

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

I love this set and your cards. The Snowman is my fave!

creations by jackie said...

Awesome cards, love the christmas Bulb one. Your work is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

WebDeb said...

I'm so sorry, I can't decide which project I like best! Beautiful work!

Unknown said...

Amazing projects!! I love each one. The ruffle on the card is adorable, but I think the tag set is my favorite!

Marie said...

Carmen, love it all and that fringe for the ornament using the border punch is FANTASTIC!

Betty said...

Love them all! The snowman is adorable, the ruffle trim on the ornament is to die for, and the tag set would make awesome gifts.....so glad I have this set as you have greatly inspired me.

Yapha said...

I love that snow globe! It is stinkin' cute!! Great projects!

Cindy said...

*Thunk!* That was me hitting the floor!!! The snowman card knocked me out, and just as I was getting my wits back, I scrolled down to see ornament punch card. Clicked on the close up photo and saw the shimmer on the tres adorable ruffled ornament. "Thunk!" again!!! And then, holy hannah...the tag holder hit me. All I can say is....YOU ROCK!!!

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

So many wonderful ideas here Carmen. Your tip on creating a ruffle with the ribbon punch is phenomenal! Looking forward to the tag kit tutorial too. So many differnt styles and colors. There is surely something here for everyone. I loved them all.

Hopping on....

prsd4tim2 said...

I love the ornament card. The use of the paper as lace was genius. Great idea!

Unknown said...

I flat out LOVE what you did with the dotted ribbon punch and that ornament punchout - fabulous!!

Karen said...

I adore all of these projects. I may have to case every single one and I will check back for the tag tutorial!
Thank you for sharing such awesome projects.

KilkennyVFX said...

Love the lace. Beautiful cards!!!

Rhonda Langley said...

Awesome projects! Very creative!

Debbie said...

I've looked at all of the amazing creations on this blog hop several times - they are inspiring! I think my favorite thing is the ruffle you've made for the ornament - and I love the color combination also. I can't wait to try it! Darling projects - thanks to each of you for sharing them!

Love to you and yours,
Debbie

Debbie said...

I've looked at all of the amazing creations on this blog hop several times - they are inspiring!
I think my favorite thing is the Carmen's Tags til Christmas Card with the ruffle ornament - and I love the color combination also. I can't wait to try it!
Darling projects - thanks to each of you for sharing them!
Love to you and yours,
Debbie

Debbie said...

I've looked at all of the amazing creations on this blog hop several times - they are inspiring!
I think my favorite thing is the Carmen's Tags til Christmas Card with the ruffle ornament - and I love the color combination also. I can't wait to try it!
I also love Holly's Dark & Dreary Haunted House. Sooo special!
And...believe me, I could go on and on and on...
Darling projects - thanks to each of you for sharing them!
Love to you and yours,
Debbie

Krystal De Leeuw said...

Fabulous projects!! I can't decide which is my fave. First it was the shaker tag (too stinkin cute!). Then I liked the ruffle around the ornament, but I also love the vintage look of the tags. I guess they're all my faves! Great job!

Michelle said...

I really love your tag holder - it is just fantastic. And the colors are so great!

Holly / InkPaperStamps said...

Oh Carmen, you always have such treats for us. . . love the little ribbon flags on your Dec. 25th tags, but my absolute favorite is your ornament card and the faux eyelet trim! Great job, girl!

Penny Hanuszak said...

The tag holder blew me away. My favourite so far on the blog hop! Such a fantastic idea and great job!

Sarah said...

LOVE all your work - fab :-)

Barbara Welch said...

Love all your ideas and especially love the celery card with the ruffle.

Jaspere said...

Amazing projects. I love the ornament one and just bought the ribbon punch. Can't wait to use it.

Tanya Boser said...

What wonderfully fun and detailed work! The ruffle is adorable and I really like the Snowman card :)

Candace said...

Wow! I love the ornament card. All of your projects are amazing. Great work!

Renee Ondrajka said...

Love the little ruffle. So cute and dainty. I will have to give this a try. Thanks too for commenting on my blog. I appreciate it. Blessings!

Related Posts with Thumbnails