Sunday, August 31, 2008

Last of the

convention swaps for now. I made this card using the pun fun stamp set. I like how versatile this set is, especially since there are not many boy type stamps. (Having two boys and all that's what I tend to look for.) My previous attempts at blending colors haven't come out as nice as others I've seen. It was suggested to use gamasol or odorless mineral spirits as a blending agent but since I have an aversion to using chemicals I decided to mineral oil instead, much safer. I really like how it looks but I do have to say it works better on the White cardstock than on the watercolor paper, it seems to blend better. Another tip is to use the mineral oil sparingly.

Recipe: Stamp Set: Pun Fun Ink: Night of Navy Cardstock: Watercolor paper, Barely Banana, Night of Navy, and Ballet Blue Accessories: Pure Color Pencils, Silver Brads, White Gel Pen, Sweet Stars Jumbo wheel, blending stumps and mineral oil.


This is a luggage tag I altered with my first initial. I used it to put on my bag so it wouldn't get mixed up. Originally tried to emboss on the tag itself but that just turned into a mess. I wanted to spruce it up some so I added primas and the felt flowers to it. (I'm so glad we have another set of colors in these felt flowers.)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails