Monday, November 24, 2008

Diabetes Awareness Month

I didn't know that November is Diabete's awareness month. I learned this tidbit from Shelly. As some of you know my husband way diagnosed with Diabetes at the being of this year and was lucky that he didn't die from it, he was in pretty bad shape. He is doing wonderfully now and through out the year he has made a dramatic improvement. At many times has even shocked his doctor in how well he has managed to control it. So when I saw that this was a challenge I just knew I would have to participate. The awareness ribbon color for diabetes is gray to represent the drudgery of dealing with diabetes every day. A red dot is often shown on the ribbon to represent the multiple times a day that a diabetic must check their blood. If you'd like to learn more about Diabetes click on the Diabetes Ribbon. The challenge is to make a card using the colors gray and red .

It's kinda of sappy why I designed the card they way I did but my husband is the joy in my life so I centered it knowing that was the stamp I was going to use. So if you have time please join the challenge. Happy Stamping!
Recipe -Stamp Sets - Love and Joy and Occasions Collections, Cardstock - Basic Gray, and Whisper White, Ink - Versamark, Real Red and Basic Gray, Accessories - Red Gingham Ribbon, White Embossing Powder, Dimensionals.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear your DH is doing so well with the management. I had gestational diabetes with both of my kids so I kind of know what he is going through.

Your card is really cute. I'd have never thought of using that color combo but it looks fantastic.

Jennie said...

What a great card and you did a wonderful job on it. It has quite a bit of meaning to it and thanks for sharing! Pray your husband continues to excel even the doctor's expectations!

Jaspere said...

Thanks for doing the challenge and spreading the word. Your card is great. Glad to hear that your hubby is doing well too.

Anonymous said...

Great card and wonderful cause!

Anonymous said...

This is a lovely card. I had not thought to use grey and red. I will be having a go at it! I, too, am most empathetic as I am pre-diabetic...trying to stave off getting it full time here with exercise and diet...the thought of having to prick my finger for the rest of my life reduced me to tears so am trying to actively avoid having to do that!

Related Posts with Thumbnails