Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Technique Tuesday - Chalkin' it up!

For today's Technique Tuesday I will be going over the Chalkboard technique. It's a simple technique and not very time consuming.
To start you are going to need your chalks, q-tip, stamp image, cardstock and your white craft pad. The image turns out better when you use a dark cardstock color.

Stamp out your image onto the cardstock where you want your image. In this case I wanted several images to run along the bottom of my card.



Using your q-tip add color to the image based on your color design.


I wanted several colors on my images so I added an additional color after applying the first. Once you have your image(s) colored to your specifications you are all set.

Here is my finished card. I wanted to make a Halloween card and I love candy corn corn, so I thought this would be cute. It came out close to what I had in mind. I know candy corn isn't traditionally in green colors but there are so many new flavors of candy corn now so it very well could be. I almost made it in red tones since I just picked up a package of red candy corn, caramel apple flavored and they are good too! BUT since I had green scrap on my desk that was the color I went with.

Hope you found the tutorial useful! Leave me a comment if there is a technique you would like to learn.

Recipe: Stamp Set - Tasty Sweet; Cardstock - Basic Gray, Garden Green, Kiwi Kiss, Whisper White; Ink - Craft White; Accessories - Garden Green Marker, Old Olive Marker,Old Olive Grosgrain Ribbon 5/8", Dimensionals, Chalk

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great tutorial! Great card! Thanks.

Brandi Wiggins-Côté said...

Good job on the tutorial! I've only done one on my blog and it was A LOT of work! Great card. TFS!

Brenda said...

This technique is perfect for that stamp set! Great job! TFS!

Anonymous said...

Gosh, this is adorable! And such nice clear photos. Great work!
GWTW Junkie

Amanda said...

Did you like doing a tutorial? I've thought about it but haven't taken the plunge yet! hehe. Great pictures.

Related Posts with Thumbnails